1. Privacy notice
1.1 Who are we?
Oldham Community Leisure Limited is the operator of leisure Facilities within Oldham and provide leisure activities within its leisure centres.
Our Privacy manager can be contacted directly here:
Chadderton Wellbeing Centre, Burnley Street, Oldham, OL9 0JW
E-mail: GDPR@ocll.co.uk Tel: (0161) 207 7000
The personal data we would like to collect from you is:
Personal data type:
Personal Contact Details
Application forms, website joining portals, telephone calls
Family, Lifestyle and Social circumstances
Application forms – digital and paper, website joining portals, questionnaires
Application forms, direct debit forms, concession application questions
Activity and Usage Data
Activity and access software
Marketing Preference Data
Application forms, website joining portals, telephone calls, questionnaires, e-mails
Personal data type
Health Data (GP Referral members)
Health forms, application forms, telephone calls
We will use the personal data we collect for the following purposes:
- To allow access and use of facilities and services associated with OCL
- To provide payments for membership activities and facilities
- To contact you regarding service updates or communicate about membership queries
- To promote similar activities or facilities within OCL
- To ensure safe and correct use of activities and facilities
- To provide pseudonynimised activity data and statistics to key partners i.e. Oldham Council, Sport England as required
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- When becoming a member (inc Registered User, Active Card holder, Premium or Plus member, regular booker or coached activities) of an OCL facility we enter into a contract with you and it is necessary for us to process you data in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, which enable single or ongoing access to facilities, services and activities.
- OCL also rely upon legitimate interests when processing your data for Service usage statics, marketing activity, and recovery of debts due to OCL.
- On occasion OCL may need to process your data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending OCL direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us. You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting OCL on 0161 207 7000 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do withdraw consent to us using this personal information, it may delay or prevent us from meeting our obligations. It may also mean that we cannot perform services needed to access facilities or activities. It could mean that we cancel a membership or service you have with us.
OCL use data processors and passes on your personal data to the following organisations who are involved in the support of OCL’s operation. None of your data is passed on to any third parties not directly related to the operation of OCL activities. Below is a list of current organisations data is shared with and the reason we share this data:
Reason for Processing
Brief Your Market
Our Contact platform for retention and marketing. E-mail, text, letter
An activity data processing system
The Retention People
To Monitor your feedback via Net Promoter Score
Debit Finance Collections (DFC)
Our Direct debit processing and collection agency
We may also share your personal data with the following types of third parties:
- Service providers acting as processors based in the United Kingdom who provide IT and system administration services.
1.4 Retention period
OCL will process personal data for as long as you remain a current member/user with us. We will store your personal data for 24 months after you have cancelled your membership or for a 24 month period of inactivity.
1.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records. Note, however, that OCL may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing – you also have the right to object to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that OCL refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 1.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 1.4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by OCL (or third parties as described in 1.4 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the UK supervisory authority and OCL’s privacy manager.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Supervisory authority contact details
GDPR Owner contact details
Information Commissioner’s Office
Address line 1:
Chadderton Wellbeing Centre
Address line 2:
Address line 3:
Address line 4:
Address line 5:
0303 123 1113
(0161) 207 7000