Health & Fitness Membership Update
New Year Member Update
Firstly, we’d like to wish you all our members the best for the festive period and best wishes for the New Year celebrations that will soon be upon us. I’d personally like to thank each and every member for choosing our organisation to help you enjoy a healthier lifestyle. Oldham Active are a charity and every penny of income is re-invested into continually improving our service delivery in sites and in the wider community.
Below is a summary of some of the key investments made this year, what we are planning for 2023 and a section on our adjustment to charges from January which are necessary to help us mitigate the significant escalation in energy and staffing costs as well as helping to fund the service improvements over the next 12 months.
Investments this past year:
- NEW Spin Studio at Failsworth Sports Centre
- NEW Spin Studio at Chadderton Wellbeing Centre
- Comprehensive Gym refurbishment at Failsworth Sports Centre
- Comprehensive Gym refurbishment at Chadderton Wellbeing Centre
- Pool and Shower refurbishment at Saddleworth Pool
- Les Mills Virtual Spinning facility at Royton and Oldham Leisure Centres
- Launch of innovative new exercise classes including Sculpt, Pound and Strictly Dance
Planned Investments for 2023:
- NEW programme of Wellbeing Clinics, providing expert advice on a range of topics such as Sleep, Weight Loss, Muscle Gain, and Endurance Event training & nutrition
- Comprehensive Gym refurbishment at Oldham Leisure Centre
- Comprehensive Gym refurbishment at Royton Leisure Centre
- Pool changing room refurbishment at Failsworth Sports Centre
- Expanded team of Personal Trainers for those who want to take up the option of some 1-2-1 support
Membership Rate Changes
In order for us to continue as a sustainable business whilst also being able to continually invest in our offer for members, we are introducing a price increase this January for the majority of our members.
We have sent out written correspondence detailing the changes to memberships, if affected, if you think you should have received something and haven’t, please get in touch.
The change to direct debits will be automatic with the payments being taken on the same day of the month that the account is normally debited on, as such there will be no need for members to make changes to accounts.
Financially we understand that some people are facing challenges, however Oldham Active is a charitable organisation and the decision to increase prices is one that hasn’t been taken lightly but is done to ensure sustainability, not to generate profit.
I sincerely hope you will continue to use our facilities and if you would like to refresh your focus and perhaps even take advantage of a full body analysis scan, you can arrange this free of charge with either a member of the gym floor staff or a colleague on reception.
The Oldham Active Team