What do you associate with Age and growing older?
Age UK isn’t just about care and support. We are about … independence, staying active, raising awareness, prevention, providing information and advice, combating isolation.
We help people to remain active, informed and independent by providing…
- Advocacy – supporting older people with dementia who have no effective family or friends.
- Befriending – visiting housebound older people.
- Choosing the right care home – support and information for people looking to move into a care home.
- Day centres – care, support & respite for carers.
- Falls prevention – specialist exercise classes in partnership with Oldham Community Leisure.
- Information & Advice -morning advice sessions
- Leisure Activities – activities for the over 50’s in partnership with Oldham Community Leisure.
- Living choices – home visits available to older people living in Fitton Hill, Glodwick and Hathershaw.
- Lunch Clubs – activities and a 3 course lunch.
- Volunteering – opportunities to support our services.
- Trading & Fundraising – all funds raised are spent on older people in Oldham .
Age UK Oldham
10 Church Lane
Oldham OL1 3AN
Tel: 0161 633 0213
Fax: 0161 620 6197